Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time stamping

Hopefully you should have all received an email from me to your DET emails about this blog so that you can keep up to date with information which I need to communicate to you that I won't do in class.

If you do not receive the email, please let me know or get a friend to forward them onto your personal emails.

I am still waiting for a few people to give me links to your blogs. If I receive no word by MONDAY next week (22nd Feb) I will post these names online and it will be a "name and shame"!!

The thing I want to talk about today is time stamping.

Time stamping
Time stamping lets people who are reading know when it is you have posted the blog. The time stamps on my blog are outlined in red in the picture below.


You need to make sure that your time stamps are AUSTRALIAN times, and in the correct time zone. I believe the default is USA Eastern Time... and as much as I would like to be in NY or Miami, we're not.

To change your time stamp, you need to head into "DASHBOARD". This can be found on the TOP tool bar after you have signed in. This is also your "home" page when you have signed into the Blogger site.



On the picture to the left, my profile is shown. The arrow points to the "settings", which you will need to click.

When you go into settings, click to the "Formatting" tab (just below the settings tab) and you will get to a lot of different formats.

Feel free to play around with these... but the one you need to change is the Timezone. Australia is +10 GMT!

Hope that works! Let me know if it doesn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment