Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yay! Holidays! Boo! Science work!

Hey guys!

Hope the first few days of the holidays has been filled with no work and lots of vegetating!

Now, let's get to work (hey, if I'm working, you have to!)...

First things first.

The first blog submission was, overall, very well done. For the most part, you are all doing what I would have expected you to do. I've included, with this post, a few blogs which were outstanding. I'm fairly sure I have asked the blog owners' permission to post these, but if you own one of these blogs and I have mistakenly posted it without your permission, just let me know and I can take it down!

Sahani's blog on rusting of different matrials based on what we throw down a drain...

Lisa's blog on shapes of paper planes and how flight times and lengths are affected...

Sylvia's blog... on... I'm not quite sure what yet... but something about the decay of food...

Mary's blog about paper planes...

Rachel's blog about alleotrophism in sweet potatoes...

Secondly...


You will receive an email (or you may have already received an email) with a very brief permission note to use for human-based experiments. Remember that you will need to consider safety aspects of your experiment, so make sure that there are no medical conditions which your participants have... (that was really bad grammar wasn't it?)

Thirdly...


You need to post your climate graphs onto your blogs now! Some people already have and they're looking really really nice. They just need to be on before the next blog submission. The reason why they are on your blogs is so that you will be familiar with posting pictures on your blogs... which will be essential for the end submission!

If you have missed out on the climate graph in class, make sure to comment here or send me an email! :D

Fourthly...

Some people STILL have not looked at an appropriate project to do... the people who are doing well should have already started on their approved projects in the holidays!!!

If you are one of these people who have not been approved or you don't know, you need to make sure you get in contact with me and that you GET A MOVE ON it!

Phew! That is all... Happy holidays!

18 comments:

  1. the whole class, 10s1 has not done climate graphs yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Zhang... the link for Sylvia's one doesn't work, at least when clicked it, it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss,
    i don't have a climate graph. nor do i know what one is........

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a climate graph? And since it's for familiarising with picture posting, if I've already posted up a picture, do I still have to post up a 'climate graph'? thank you ms zhang and HAPPY HOLIDAYS ^^ FOR THE REMAINING WEEK...SORRY A BIT LATE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ms Zhang...
    Its Veronica Chan..
    I haven't got a climate graph yet, so I'm not sure what this is about...so I'm commenting...
    Should I be worried?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You said that my experiment The Effect of Gatorade Vs. Water on a Teenager's Pulse Rate while Exercising had too many variables so I was wondering whether it is better to change to a different topic or try to improve this one because I'm not exactly sure how to improve it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't there for the climate graphs! I don't know what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey miss zhang,
    I need a little help with my SRP and so I sent you an email. It would e awesum if you could reply as soon as you get the chance to.
    Thank you
    Lakshmi:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey miss zhang,
    I need a little help with my SRP and so I sent you an email. It would e awesum if you could reply as soon as you get the chance to.
    Thank you
    Lakshmi:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi miss zhang!!!
    K..I'm really excited cos I think you'll approve of the experiment that I posted on my blog.It's the last post. Forget about my email to you. If this one is subject to your rejection then, it would be great if you could read my email n let me know what you think. But seriously there is lyk no way you reject the one that i've jst posted on my blog. I've fully researched it and everything and I really want to do it and if you reject it i'll be really depressed and if you make me depressed you will live with that guilt for the rest of your life...
    so, could you pleaseeeeeee go and read my last post on my blog. I assure, you will be some what impressed:D
    Thanking you so much more,
    Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss, I was away when you explained how to do the climate graph

    ReplyDelete
  12. miss,
    i do not have a climate graph

    ReplyDelete
  13. i assume the whole of 10S1 didn't get on coz we didn't have you...but i, annie kuang, from 10S1 needs a climate graph please & thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. miss i don't have a climate graph and what is it?? i don't think any of the S1 people have go it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Miss Zhang, I don't think I got that climate thingy, and also just getting in contact because I don't think my project is right so I need to make a new one.. Lemme know soon ! mwaa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I'm in 10S3, I don't think our class has done the climate graphs yet. We missed out on the Tuesday of last week for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey miss zhang. i dont think i was there for the climate graphs. thankyou (:

    ReplyDelete